Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Connecticut Cuff Analytics

As I have previously posted, I run a company called Connecticut Cuff.  I have the website for this company linked up to Google analytics so I can track the traffic that my page experiences.  Over time I have experienced a significant correlation between social media posts and the traffic to the web page.  My page experiences more an more traffic with every post I make to twitter and Instagram.  If I fail to regularly post on social media, my website traffic declines.  (The attached image illustrates this idea). I wanted to test this theory so for a couple weeks I did not make social media posts.  The result was not surprising.  I went from 43 visits to the website to about 3 per day.  That is a significant difference.  Even more significant is I currently do not advertise on social media.  The next test is to invest in social media ads and see how the traffic is affected.  Judging from the traffic that simply posting on social media generates, I hypothesize that an ad might double or triple the traffic to the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment