Thursday, October 8, 2015

Connecticut Cuff Analytics

This year I started a life style brand called Connecticut Cuff. We specialize in preppy cuffed shorts.  This is clothing company that reflects my personal style and a growing resurgence in the fashion industry of the "preppy" look.  Kiel James Patrick, Vineyard Vines, Southern Tide, Nantucket Buckets, Knot Clothing Co, Harding-Lane, Nantucket Reds, and many more have begun to really manufacturer and market their clothing as more than a product, but a life style.  the resurgence of "preppy" is becoming more of a life style than simply a product.  As a result of the growing trend and the saturation of the preppy clothing/ lifestyle brand market marketing and analytics have grown more and more important to the success of these brands. For this reason yesterday I explored linking my website with google analytics.


Along with the start of my company, I recently launched an online store.  I bought a domain name, e-mail address and online store through GoDaddy.com.  This allows me to sell my product, market my product, and interact with other businesses, companies and colleagues.  Over the last couple of weeks in my analytics class we have learned the importance of tracking website traffic and the different types of information that can be assessed.  As a result I set up a google analytics account for my website. The below image is  a shot of some basic information that I was able to track since the website's launch. I can look at the average time spend visiting the website, if the users are new or returning, their age, interests, and what social media platform they accessed a link from.  There are several more options that I have yet to explore.

My company is planning a Facebook ad campaign to launch later this month.  The campaign will be linked to google analytics as well and we will track the effectiveness of the ad.







No comments:

Post a Comment