Thursday, September 17, 2015

Google

Hello all,

Chapter 2 of the book, What Color is Your Parachute?, speaks to our presence online. Google can, in a lot of ways, be considered the truest form of a resume. Social media has increased our presence online.  In many cases an individual might have 3 social medias. This means that there are three web links that can lead to a page that tells the world about that individual. On the other hand, a person might have been mentioned in an article or a post.

The book instructs the readers to google themselves and assess what their e-image looks like.  I did this and found that my real name "Evan Berg" comes up with no results regarding me. Then I googled "Rudy Berg", I found my Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and my athlete profile for lacrosse. I do not think that these are bad things for people to see. However, it is disappointing that my LinkedIn does not appear when I google "Evan Beer".  I think I need to fill in more information and add connections in order to improve the visits to this page.

The attached photograph is the screen shot of what happens when you google "Rudy Berg"


No comments:

Post a Comment